30.1.09

The femme fatales bow their heads and pour drinks
their seams come undone and little bits of flesh drip onto the ground
they all scamper around looking for fingers and earlobes
laughing together, naked and dismembered,
trying to match parts with people
while the men stare, silently.

One man stands up and adjusts his tie, lights a cigar and smiles.

Kafka was right.



Lauren Bacall is way more bad-ass than Marilyn.

I spent the afternoon watching classic movies with my little sister. Her expectations of men will be eternally unfulfilled. She will always want to feel as happy and beautiful as Audrey Hepburn singing La Vie en Rose in Paris. Her views of what it means to be a man or a woman will be eternally fucked. I am only half-serious.

"I hate girls who giggle all the time."
-Audrey Hepburn

I agree, darling.

No comments:

Post a Comment