6.8.09

Drunk and sad with a crush and a grudge.

It must have been hard to exit the womb
with your hands clenched so tight
already fighting against walls
that only wanted to protect you

I cannot waltz through these doors,
indifferent
like you can.

I tried to dance but my legs and my tongue
periodically abandon
the rules of nerve centers

your body learns to move because it must.

I am not so invincible to escape the placenta
and the mediocrity of perfection
or sleep,

the pain of god telling me:
accept the emptiness of your vagina.
and Lacan telling me:
accept the emptiness of the words that describe your physiology

escape routes are still closed to me and
My raging hormones
and gender-bending,
my body's desire

is very open
for you to describe
with pretty
adjectives
you learned in text books

adapt me to suit a song
then leave me like you found me

you ought to be proud that I'm getting good marks.

2 comments:

  1. That was gorgeous, and nice Elliot Smith reference at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked that a lot. "accept emptiness of the words that describe your physiology" hot damn

    ReplyDelete